Comment on page
Learn how to manage the contests.
To manage contests that are created in NorrCompetition you can use the item in the sidebar navigation or the icon on the Control Panel as you can see from the screenshot below:
Also you can use the menu Components > NorrCompetition > Contests.
You will see the list of already created contests:
On the list above the table columns are divided to:
- Ordering – allows you to change the ordering of the contests.
- Checkbox – allows you to select elements for actions.
- State - determines the state of the contest. Unpublished/Trashed categories will not be displayed on the website. Also the entries belonging to such contests will not be displayed.
- Title - the title and alias of the contest. Below is the title of the assigned category. A click on the header of this column will sort the contests by title in the alphabetic order. A click on the title will open contest edit form.
- Type – sorting by type of the contest.
- Access – determines the access level for the contest.
- Created Date – sorting by created date of the contest. Below is the contest creator's username.
- Start Date – sorting by start date of the contest.
- End Date - sorting by end date of the contest. When this date is reaching the contest status is automatically set as "Completed".
- Status – sorting by status of the contest: Active or Closed.
- ID – sorting by unique ID for the contest.
On the top there is a filter for the quick search by contest title.
With the toolbar at the top, you can carry out the following tasks:
- Edit - allows you to quickly edit a single selected contest.
- Publish - allows you to quickly publish the selected contests.
- Unpublish - allows you to quickly unpublish the selected contests.
- Check-in - allows you to quickly check in the selected contests.
- Trash - trashes the selected contests. For complete deletion choose a "Trashed" state in the state filter on the left sidebar. Then choose one or multiple contests from the list and click on the "Empty trash" button.You cannot delete a contest with the assigned entries.
- Clean votes – allows you to clean the votes of the selected contests.
To change the order of contests on the front-end of the website you should click on the ordering column. It will become active. Then you should click on the action icon and holding a mouse button move an element to the top or to the bottom (drag and drop). The order will be changed.