Submitting Entries by Unregistered Users
You can allow unregistered users to submit entries. It can be useful if you need to provide the users an easy submission without registering on the site and finally save their time. Captcha is implemented to prevent spam and automatic submissions. You need to enable and configure core Captcha Joomla plugin. Also you have to select a user whom guest submissions will be assigned to. Lets set it up step by step.
Proceed to Site Administrator > Components > NorrCompetition > Options and click on Permissions tab. In the left sidebar click on Public tab or Guest tab to access permissions related to unregistered users. Have a look at the following permissions rules:
Rules in Permissions tab allowing user to submit the Entries
- Create - Allows users in the group to create any content in this extension
- Create Before Contest Start - Allows users in the group to create & submit entries when the contest is created, but not started yet.
- Create After Contest Start - Allows users in the group to create & submit entries after the contest has started.
- Create After Vote Start - Allows users in the group to create & submit entries after the vote has started.
These rules allow a user to submit entry. Set required params to Allowed and save the configuration.
Creator is a required parameter to submit the entry. So if you allow entry submission form by unregistered users, then you have to set a user who will be the default creator of these entries. Proceed to Site Administrator > Components > NorrCompetition > Options and click on Contest tab and find Entry Creator parameter. Select user whom guest entries will be assigned to. For example it might be any Super Administrator or custom user. Please note that this user will be excluded from AUP integration and will not receive notifications about entries.
Below you will see Captcha parameter:
- Captcha - Show or hide captcha for unregistered users in the entry form. Please note that only Google reCAPTCHA v2 is supported. Do not forget to setup and enable reCAPTCHA plugin.
Enable this parameter if you wish to.
Select Entry creator
If you are re allowing guests to submit entries, it is highly recommended to enable captcha. NorrCompetition uses core Joomla plugin. Go to Administrator Panel > Extensions > Plugins and edit Captcha - ReCaptcha plugin. See official tutorial: How do you use Recaptcha in Joomla?
Finally we will get something like this:
New Entry Submission by Unregistered User
You can override permissions in specific contest. It might be useful if you need to allow or deny submission in some selected contests. Proceed to contest edit mode, click on Permissions tab and override settings.
Override Permissions Rules